Well it isn’t, but it’s not easy. It is worth the effort, however. In fact, planks offer one of the best forms of strength training to help you become fit.
Plank Pose Leg Lift-Variation of the plank pose that adds a new challenge: Lifting one of your legs up in the air while balancing your body with the other. The best idea is to lift your leg at the moment you are pullingyour belly button in. For an added physical benefit, squeeze your glute muscles while the leg is lifted. Return to the plank pose, and repeat for the other leg. Do 5-8 sets on each side.
This is a variation of the plank pose but adds additional challenge with the leg lift. Although the plank pose is isometric, this move is a combination of isometric exercise and a moving exercise as you are lifting and then holding the position.
How to do the Plank Pose Leg Lift
• Start in plank position as described above.
• Lift your right leg off the ground about 6 to 8 inches while pulling in your belly button towards your spine and hold for a count of 30 seconds.
• For more body toning, squeeze your glutes, the butt, while doing this move.
• Return to plank position and repeat lifting the left leg this time.
• Repeat this on each side for 3 to 5 repetitions.