Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Article # 118. Plank Pose Twist
Plank Pose Twist
This is one of the few transverse abdominal exercises that work not only your transverse abdominis muscle but also the oblique muscles. It is of course a slight variation, a twist if you will, on the typical plank pose.
How to do the Plank Pose Twist
· Start in plank pose position.
· Lifting your right leg and bending at the knee, twist slightly at the trunk and reach your knee towards your hip.
· Return to plank pose position and repeat with your other leg.
· Repeat this move on your left side for 8 to 15 repetitions.
· Note: You can do this abdominal exercise by repeating all on one side and then switching or alternating sides each time.